Vacuum Technician - Perth
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vacuum Technician to join our team located in our Jandakot Office.
The Team is dedicated to providing a broad range of clients across Land Development & Infrastructure with cost effective sub surface mapping solutions .
The Role will provide field assistance to our Service Locators for a range of underground utility services using trenchless vacuum equipment along with DS2000 radars and VOC PRO 3. This role will require travel to regional, remote and interstate locations to complete various projects, in addition to client liaison and coaching and mentoring requirements.
The Person will be a confident self-starter and would suit someone looking to start their career in underground utility location. On the job training will be provided with the view to progress within the team.
The role will be responsible for:
- Assisting with field work under the supervision of the Service Locator;
- Finding and marking underground services;
- Operation of a vacuum unit system safely;
- Use of locate wands and ground penetrating radars;
- Learning to read and interpret various plans including Dial Before You Dig (DBYD);
- Conduct fieldwork in challenging environments;
- Be flexible to travel to regional, remote and interstate locations to undertake field projects when required;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work under broad direction.
The person will possess a C Class Drivers Licence and be willing to acquire their M-R Licence in the future.Experience within a similar role is also desirable but not required.
We seek to provide a workplace that empowers and encourages innovation, providing competitive remuneration, employee rewards and benefits. We value our people and adopt the philosophy of a positive safety culture that drives and encourages overall employee health and wellbeing. MNG proudly sponsors the Cancer Council WA and holds many fundraising events throughout the year in support of this cause.
If you require further information for any of the current opportunities, please contact our HR Advisor on 08 6436 1599.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.