MNG Crazy Shirt Day for Cancer Council WA
20 September 2023
MNG team members sported their loudest and craziest shirts in support of our annual Crazy Shirt fundraising day for Cancer Council WA. This annual fundraising event celebrates the life of past MNG Director and colleague, Mark Mariotti, who sadly passed away from Prostate Cancer in 2015.
Meghan Hughes from Cancer Council WA joined our Jandakot team for morning tea, and gratefully received MNG’s annual charity donation cheque of $7,500. Meghan announced that 2023 marks the 10th year that MNG has been donating to the Cancer Council. In that time, we have raised a staggering $122,000! Our Crazy Shirt Day alone has generated a whopping $83,110 so far. These vital funds enable Cancer Council WA to fund life-saving research, run cancer prevention programs, and provide critical support to West Australian families affected by cancer. These include:
- 13 11 20 cancer information and support hotline
- Crawford and Milroy accommodation or country cancer patients receiving treatment in Perth
- Transport to treatment for our regional patients
- Wigs service
- Financial hardship program
- Regional cancer nurses and education officers working around the state
The team enjoyed a great morning fundraising for a charity that means so much to many MNG staff across the country.